11 June 2012

Birthdays ...

Hi,

It was my friends birthday last week and I'm going to see her tomorrow so I started to make her a cake and I managed to burn the motor out on my electric mixer, there was smoke coming out of it!  Never mind it's done a good job - I've had it about 10 years and it was only a basic on that cost about £5!!

 So I've had to mix by hand which has made my arm sore and swap from chocolate frosting to chocolate ganache - big shame!!

Anyway here's the card I made for her birthday:


I'm quite pleased with the way this came out.  The digi is from Digi Stamp Boutique, and the papers are from one of the new stacks I've bought. These are First Edition - Sweet Owl, so so cute.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Lollipop Crafts - Flowers in Bloom
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Lexis Creations - Happy Birthday
Reasonable Ribbon - Flowers and Ribbon
Freshly Brewed - Pop It
Digi Stamp Boutique - Customer Images
Bunny Zoe - Girls, Girls, Girls
Everybody Art Challenge - Sketch


Thanks for looking!

Julie xx

9 lovely people left a comment on my work!:

Doreen said...

This is just so gorgeous,love the image and fab colours and love the sequin heart.xxx

Sandra H said...

Hi Julie, Oh this is stunning and the image is gorgeous great colour too!:)x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Julie!
i am sure the cake is delicious :)
Hugs xx

Michelle said...

This card is beuatifull. Love the heart you used.
Thank you for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
LG Michelle

julie_woolston said...

This is a gorgeous card love all the detail and image.

Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations.

Hugs Julie x

buglvr2010 said...

So cute! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

cherry said...

lovely

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a delightful card for your friend - I'm sure she loved it! Thanks for sharing with us at Lexi's Creations hugs Susan x

scrap joanny said...

wow this is so sweet card :-) I love this ! thank for playing with craftyourpassion !!!! hugs Joanna