19 February 2013

Tuesday Throwdown - Monochrome!

Morning!

Hope you've all got a good day planned - my children have gone to their grandparents for a few days so we are taking advantage of our freedom and are off out for dinner and drinks tonight!! Yippeee!

But before all that we have a new launching at Tuesday Throwdown this week.



We had a huge amount of entries last week so thanks to everyone that played along.  This weeks our theme is Monchrome and we have a super sponsor who have very kindly given us some beautiful images to use.


Here's my card, actually this is my second card - my first one was purple and it didn't work out too well! as I cut my last piece of purple card to small and didn't have anymore left!  This image is called cone flowers and butterfly.


How do you like my butterflies - they are from the poundshop!  I bought 3 packs of them each with about 15 different sizes. They've got some glitter on them which is lovely and subtle and I've used my star dust pen to the butterfly and flowers on the image.  When it catches the light it looks fab!

I also love my new punches, I've been using them a lot recently.  They are from Stampin' Up there is a word window punch which is the long oval-ish one and then a modern label punch - they work so nicely together and so handy.

Anyway I do hope you join us this week in our challenge!!  Go on - you know you want to!

I'll be back later to add in some challenges!
Edited to add the following challenges@

Bunny Zoe - Flowers and Pearls
Crafty Cardmakers - Blooming Images
Daisy Doodle Creative Challenge - Anything Goes
Lexis Creations - Monochromatic
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
My Grafico - Anything Goes
Pretty Little Ribbon - Anything Goes
My Craft Spot - Flowers
Digi Make Over Challenge - Anything Goes
Going Grey With Scrap - Punch, Pearls, Ribbon

Hugs

Julie xx




18 lovely people left a comment on my work!:

Nonni said...

Hi Julie, this is breathtaking, I love the colors, papers, your coloring... Stunning card!

Peanut said...

Love the additional butterflies and that lace trim is so precious! Flawless colouring, as always!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Sandra H said...

So beautiful Julie is your card and what a barbain those butterflies are gorgeous! x

Anonymous said...

WOWZER! Julie, your creation is absolutely gorgeous girl!! I love the color you've chosen to make monochromatic and your layout design is stunning too!! :)

HUGS

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous, Julie! I love the blues you chose and the image is so perfectly colored. :-D Just a marvelous design.

Davi said...

Gorgeous Julie!! I love the colors and all your pretty layers and lace really make it so feminine! Love that butterfly too. Enjoy your freedom:)

Kim said...

This color turned out fantastic! The butterflies and lace accents are beautiful.

Joynana said...

Hi Julie, this color is fabulous, I really love the trims and butterflies and other touches.

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card, fabulous colour tones and love the image and your colouring. I'm a big fan of butterflies and yours are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations!

Meggymay said...

A beautiful flower image and wonderful colours. \\\\\\\thank you for joining us at CCM this time.
Yvonne

Sarah said...

A very pretty card - gorgeous colours and image.

Thanks for joining the Pretty Little ribbon Shop challenge.

Sarah x

Suze Bain said...

Such a pretty card, love the green and blue colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Xx

brenda said...

Lovely colours Julie and love your butterflies.

Thanks so much as sharing with us at Pretty Little Ribbons Challenge.

B x

Mema's Crafts said...

Saw your card on MIM and thought I would stop by. Love the layout and design and the doily is cute.

Hugs
Lesia
I would love for you to enter this card in the February Hello Doily challenge over at:
www.memascrafts.blogspot.com

Cards By MI said...

A very lovely looking card. Stunning. Thanks for playing with us over at Crafty Card Makers in my blooming challenge.
Love n hugs
Marie

Sherrie K. said...

What a beautiful card! The colors are so pretty and layering looks fabulous!
Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kate said...

This is such a pretty card! I love the coloured lace and butterfly at the bottom. What a gorgeous touch!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Annette said...

Fab card, beautifully coloured image

Thank you for playing with us at Inkspirational this week!

Hugs , Annette xx