26 July 2013

Aloha Friday Challenge at Kitty Bee Designs: Summer

Hello,

I'm back today with a a mid challenge post for Kitty Bee Designs current challenge: Summer.


I hope you've joined in already - if not why not stop by and see what the rest of my teamies have created for some inspiration. Here's my card:


I knew there was a reason I bought a die with a snail, starfish and scallop  on it - it's been sat in my drawer waiting for it turn to be used!!

I've used a image called Shave Ice Bunny - although to me it looked like neapolitan ice-cream and that how I coloured it.  I've since been informed that it a Hawaiian thing and is a finely shaved ice with syrup on it.  Sounds delicious - and it got me thinking does anyone remember having a Mr Frosty when they were little? (Might just be a UK / child of the 80's thing!)

I decided to make a shaker card, I've actually used gold embossing power to be the sand - I'm pleased with how it's turned ou,t I always think of Shaker cards for Christmas with plenty of glitter for snow - but sand is good too!

I'd like to be able to tell you where the paper came from - but I have no idea - it's been lurking around for a while! 

Anyway - I do hope you can join in with this challenge!  

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Crafty Creations Challenge - Summer
Divas by Design - Anything Goes
Nutcrafters - Summer Sunshine Fun
The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes
Simon Say Stamp - Summer Food and/or Drink
Party Time Tuesday - Ice-cream
Bearly Mine Challenges - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday - Beside the Seaside
Happy Campers Challenge - Summer
Crafts and Me - Anything Goes

Thanks for looking!

Hugs

Julie 







12 lovely people left a comment on my work!:

Creations by Shirl said...

It's super cute Julie! love the idea of using the embossing powder for sand..... love it!

Sandra H said...

stunning image and your card and layout is so beautifully presented x

Sandy said...

Super cute shaker card. Sand is a great idea! Thank you for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays. Hope to see you next week.

Kitty Bee Designs said...

Always love shaker boxes! Love it!

Unknown said...

Love the shaker card and the idea to make embossing powder as sand! So glad you're on board with us...hugs from your teammate!

Melissa Bove said...

Super adorable card!! I love that cute image and how you framed it!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Leanne said...

Sweet shaker card Julie! I love the design and so happy that you finally got to use your dies. Great share!
:D
xx

Katherine said...

So cute! I love the shaker idea too...those little dies are the perfect fit for your card. Glad we're teamies!

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

This is too cute! I love how you did the shaker card and the seaside dies are the perfect elements to add! Glad you got them outta the drawer and into use...I need to go through my drawers more often to remind myself about those things that don't get used often enough! Thanks for celebrating "Summer" with us at Crafty Creations this week!
Tracey F., Crafty Creations Challenges

Peanut said...

Adorable card, Julie! Love that peek-a-boo action.
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Margreet said...

Beautiful and adorable ard...thanks for joining Divas by Design!
xxx Margreet

Carmen said...

Super Cute... Love your die cuts and the sand is a great idea.

Good luck in the Happy Campers Challenge #20 Summer.

Carmen -DT