6 December 2013

Stampin' For the Weekend - Use something red!

Afternoon!

I'm here with my design team post for Stampin' For the Weekend.  We are sponsored again by Saturated Canary.   Although I think next year I'm going to have to get over my fear of big hair!

Our theme this fortnight is USE SOME RED.   I'm sure you'll all be able to enter something into this challenge.

Here's my card - I used Christmas Angel.


This is actually and 8 x 8 card, I made it to give to someone who has been so helpful to our WI group this year so we needed something a bit showy! Although those spellbinder frames make the air turn blue when I use them as I never seem to get a clean cut!

As my photography is so rubbish the picture just doesn't show how lovely and sparkly her wings are. Plus I finally found a use for all the embossing the power I have squirrelled away but never use.  I even covered the the brad in the centre which I think is green under all that.  

Anyway I do hope you can join in our challenge!  

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

The ABC Challenge - A: Almost Christmas
Emerald Faeries - Christmas
Ladybug Crafty - Christmas / Winter
Natalie and Amy - Cute and Cuddly Christmas
Bearly Mine - Christmas Sentiment
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Winter Wonderland - Embossing
C.R.A.F.T Challenge - Christmas
Little Miss Muffet - You've Been Framed

Thanks for looking!

Julie x



8 lovely people left a comment on my work!:

Bridie said...

Fab card, I love the big red flower

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

Happy Friday!

Hugs

Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card and stunning image x

The Little Stamper said...

A beautiful card and a lovely touch with the sentiment too.

Thanks for sharing at BM this week.

Sharon x

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous embossing and a great entry to our Winter Wonderland Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
PS I have new candy if you are interested :)

NGCARDS said...

A gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing at PTW and all the best for the festive season! xxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I really love the colours you've chosen, they work together really well and I love the layout.

Thanks for joining in this month's challenge at Natalie and Amy's.

Emma x

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Julie! Very festive design! Thanks for playing along with the Little Miss Muffet challenge!

Debbie said...

A beautiful card. Love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland. x